What are the main features of fiberglass thread?
Raw materials and application of fiberglass thread: glass fiber has higher temperature resistance, non combustion, corrosion resistance, good heat insulation and sound insulation, high tensile strength and good electrical insulation. But it has brittle property and poor wear resistance. Glass fiber, which is used to make reinforced plastics or rubber, has the following characteristics. These characteristics make glass fiber more widely used than other kinds of fiber, and its development speed is far ahead.
Fiberglass thread features:
(1) High tensile strength and small elongation (3%). Glass fiber yarn cutting
(2) High elastic coefficient and good rigidity.
(3) In the elastic limit, the elongation is large and the tensile strength is high, so the impact energy is absorbed greatly.
(4) It is an inorganic fiber with non flammability and good chemical resistance.
(5) Water absorption is small.
(6) The scale stability and heat resistance are good.
(7) It can be made into strand, bundle, felt, weaving and other different forms of products.
(8) Transparency can pass through light.
(9) The development of surface treatment agent with good adhesion to resin was completed.
(10) It's cheap.
(11) It is not easy to burn and can be melted into glass beads at high temperature.