What are the technical characteristics of rescue ropes?
Outdoor rescue rope is a necessary outdoor item. The first thing you need is a lightweight feature that doesn't impact performance. No one can require a standard 50 meter main rope to be carried everywhere. Therefore, the weight of the rescue rope needed should be kept to about 500 grams. In outdoor flashlight classrooms, depending on the environment and use needs, the rescue rope defined here does not have the function of climbing. Therefore, under normal circumstances, outdoor rescue ropes should generally have the following characteristics:
1. 15 to 20 meters in length.
2. Rope diameter is between 7MM-8MM.
3. Ductility less than 3% (static rope).
4. Professional climbing auxiliary rope with static tension over 500KN (about 500kg).
5. The price is relatively low (you can consider using domestic ropes because it is not used for climbing or downhill).
All experienced leaders or our masters understand the truth. The easiest way is the best way and the best way is to use the simplest tools to complete the most complex tasks. Adhering to this idea, and after many years of trial and error, many simple and effective outdoor technologies were invented. So far, there are few standard features that cannot be replaced in a simple way. For example, catch knots replace the risers and Italian half knots replace the descenders in special circumstances. Here we also follow this principle for the use of rescue ropes and other auxiliary equipment.